Some of the results:
- All of the users were of the opinion that Google’s Android and Apple’s iOS are the most advanced operating systems.
- More than half of the users (52%) place more trust in the operating system they use than a security solution of a third-party provider.
- Android and iOS users (around 60%) believe that their relevant operating system is
significantly more technically mature than Windows Phone users (32%).
- None of the respondents believes that BlackBerry is a leading operating system.
- In the United Kingdom, Android users are more impressed by Android than Apple users are by iOS.
- In Germany however, Apple users are more impressed by iOS than Android users
are by Android.
- In Germany (41%), the level of trust placed in the security of the operating system is lower than in the United Kingdom (61%).
- In relation to security, significantly more users generally swear by the iOS operating system than they do by the Android operating system.
- The demands placed on an enterprise mobility solution have increased: access to the internal file server is the top productivity function for 65.6% of the respondents; printing, a function that not many people would immediately think of, is still considered to be an important feature by one in three of the respondents.
The complete Research Note with the detailed results and graphics can be downloaded for free.